Patent Obtained for Audio Guide and Subtitle Guide for Movie Theaters in U.S. and China, Becoming the International De Facto Standard（2022-02-14）
Evixar Inc. (Matsui Bldg. 1F, 1-17-22 Shinkawa, Chuo-ku, Tokyo, President and CEO: Atsushi TAKIGAWA, Securities code: TSE 4257) has been granted a patent in the U.S. and China for an acoustic communication technology which has already been patented in Japan, and which enables movies to be enjoyed by people with visual or hearing impairment or other language speakers. This increases the chance of obtaining a patent in Europe and other regions, and the possibility for sound and subtitle guides using the technology to become the international de facto standard, since there are no other easy methods of making movies accessible. Evixar’s applications can be made multilingual, not only for people with disabilities. Annually, about 5,500 titles are released by the top 10 movie-making countries. If all of these movies were to be made available in 100 languages, then the fees earned from use of our technology could reach hundreds of billions of yen.
Right Photo: TIFF2019 – The 32nd Tokyo International Film Festival
Japanese movie theaters have already made movies accessible by using the free application “HELLO! MOVIE”, which enables audiences to access subtitles or acoustic guides with their smartphone or smart glasses, as well as by lending special caption projection glasses. All of these devices use the acoustic communication technology developed by Evixar, which controls in real time devices such as smartphones, smart glasses, and robot terminals by making them automatically recognize “fingerprints” in sound (sources) stored in databases or special sounds containing embedded encrypted data (watermarked sound).
For example, it is possible to control the subtitles and audio guides without editing the movie data itself by inserting watermarked sound in advertisements or awareness campaign movies to prevent secret filming which are screened immediately before a movie.
We obtained a patent for this technology in July 2017 in Japan, while simultaneously filing a Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) application.
Propose a Package of “Subtitle Guide with Glasses” and “Audio Guide with Smartphone”, in Japan
To the Global Market, as the New Standard for Visual and Hearing Accessibility Experience
Accessibility is a common issue in the world: movie theaters in the U.S. and elsewhere are trying to offer accessibility by overhauling their projection systems. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, however, many of them are hesitating to renew their systems due to the severe business situation, while movie producers are reluctant to edit movies to provide accessibility. This situation is a tailwind for Evixar’s “HELLO! MOVIE” system as it does not require significant investment in facilities or editing of the movie itself.
Going forward, Evixar will actively encourage movie studios that are members of the Motion Picture Association (MPA) and located mainly in Hollywood to use our technology as a platform, while continuing to acquire patents in Europe and other regions.
Accessibility service of titles acquired in Japan by Warner Bros. Japan and Sony Pictures Entertainment Japan are already available now, by adoping Evixar’s “HELLO! MOVIE”.
- Unique Value of Acoustic Communication
- Communication by sound is possible, making it highly compatible with broadcasting and distribution.
- Communication is possible with only a speaker and microphone; the footprint of development and operation is light.
- Because it does not use radiowaves, technical regulations are not an issue, so development for export and re-inspection for each country are not required.
- The communication range can be fine-tuned simply by adjusting the volume of the audio amplifier.
- Since there are no restrictions under the Radio Law, data transmission is possible within the range of sound waves.
Overview of Evixar Inc.
- Established: March 12, 2004. Listed on the TOKYO PRO Market of Tokyo Stock Exchange in December 2021 (Securities code: TSE 4257)
- Capital: 537.16 million yen
- President and CEO: Atsushi TAKIGAWA – Profile
- Business: Research and development of software based on audio signal processing technology, as well as provision of acoustic communication solutions
- Annual sales: 126.5 million yen (forecasted for the fiscal year ended December 2021)
- Headquarters: Matsui Bldg. 1F, 1-17-22 Shinkawa, Chuo-ku, Tokyo 104-0033, JAPAN
- Phone: 03-5542-5855, Fax: 03-5542-5856, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Past Press Releases for Overseas
- Enjoy Live Streaming at Home with Lighting Synced with Live Performance by Using “Home Sync Light” Device Jointly Developed by Rhizomatiks and Evixar, October 20, 2020
- A Vision of the World Where People Use Sound to See, Connect, and Enjoy – Serial Articles by President and CEO of Evixar Inc., July – August, 2020
- エヴィクサー、「Zero Project Awards 2023」の最終選考にノミネートのお知らせ ／ Evixar has successfully made it through the first round of peer-review at the 2023 Zero Project Call for Nominations and is now part of the coveted shortlist（2022-08-12）
- Evixar Obtains Patent for Subtitle Guide for Theater and Performing Arts in U.S. and Korea - Patent acquired following U.S.-China patent for audio and subtitle guides for movie theaters, driving the development of international de facto standards（2022-07-20）
- 視覚障がい者向けサービスを展開する6社がコミュニティを発足 - 視覚障がいを技術ミックスで解決していくことを目的としたコミュニティ「Blind Entertainment Technology（略称BET）」（2022-05-24）
- エヴィクサー、「東急アライアンスプラットフォーム 2021 Demo Day」で二子玉川賞（優秀賞） 受賞 - 業界初、109シネマズ全国全館「字幕メガネ」導入・安定運用を高評価（2022-03-22）
- エヴィクサー、「名古屋グランパス × スタートアップピッチ 2021」（主催：中部ニュービジネス協議会、名古屋商工会議所）で『グランパスでひとつになる幸せ 音響連動ペンライト』が最優秀賞を受賞（2021-11-12）
- HELLO! MOVIEアプリにて、映画『劇場版 Fate/Grand Order -神聖円卓領域キャメロット- 後編 Paladin; Agateram』（アニプレックス）、「副音声上映」実施のご案内（2021-05-31）
- HELLO! MOVIEアプリにて、映画『るろうに剣心 最終章 The Final』／映画『るろうに剣心 最終章 The Beginning』（ワーナー・ブラザース映画）、「副音声上映」実施のご案内（2021-05-14）
- コンテンツは“視るだけ”から“参加できる”ように。エヴィクサー株式会社とHYTEK、決まった音に自動で反応するおもちゃで新しい体験を生み出す「CONTENTS SYNC TOY」を開発（2021-04-22）